CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I have a tethered spinal cord and no tail bone, I also have

I have a tethered spinal cord and no tail bone, I also have benign tumors that I have just found out I was born with all this, I am 65 so you can imagine how many tumors and how much they are wrapped through my spinal area. My question is I have been on many pain pills due to pherial neuropathy in my right leg and I was told surgery is out by several surgeons here in St. Louis, is there a natural medication I can use to stop the painful burning and shooting pains? I was also told at some point this is going to affect my bladder and colon. I already have colon issues, and yes I have had a colonoscopy and was told everything was fine. Sorry this is so long, but I am getting very down about this issue. I also get shots to numb the foot every 2 weeks to see if the nerves are coming from the knee area or related to the tumors.. I have also had acupuncture but now I am on Medicare and they don't cover that, the acupuncture did relieve the back pain.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 2 years ago.
I am so sorry for your pain. Have you tried Lidocaine patches? These are by prescription only and are medicine pads that are placed on the skin over the painful area to numb it. This may be very helpful to you. I know they are costly, but with a letter of necessity from your Doctor, your provider may approve payment.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was prescribed the lidocaine patches and they did not work. .first of all a neuropathy is extremely touchy, anything that even comes near the area is devestainly painful. I have even used vicks thinking that might work. A shower even is painful, I have to turn my back to the shower so the water won't touch it. The pain is right on the front of the tibia and top of my foot, like I said on the other e mail I was asking about something natural to take for the pain.
Please help me.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 2 years ago.
I am so sorry for your pain. There is a cream that works amazingly well...for so many people. I ave witnessed many patients rave about it's effectiveness.. patients with carpal tunnell,, tendonitis , bursitis, back ache, neck pain etc.. it's Called Topricin and is only available at holistic medicine shops, health food stores and the internet. It works by decreasing inflammation, increasing circulation, and encouraging lymphatic drainage. Please try it and come back and let me know how you feel....I REALLY hope this will make a difference for you. Here is a link to read more about it:

TOPRICIN

CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 30 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your suggestion, I have just ordered a 2oz tube to try. I hope this will do the trick. I have read at least 30 testimonials so based on those I am putting my hopes in this product. I will definitely send you back an e-mail to let you know what became of the test try.

Sincerely,
Evelyn