Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

Hi Im a 20 yr old male on carbamazepine (controlled release

Hi I'm a 20 yr old male on carbamazepine (controlled release pills) for epilepsy. I take 200 mg in the morning, and 400 mg at night. I just realized I forgot to take my pill this morning, and so never realized i was out of pills. This means I have no pills to take for tonight.

Should I wait until morning (it is almost 1 am here) to get to a pharmacy, or should I go to a hospital to get pills tonight? I can get to the pharmacy in the morning at 8 am.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer, Greetings.Missing one dose of the drug Carbamezipine sustained release would be compensated ,but missing more would put you at risk of is advisable to call your doctor/PCP or get the pills tonight in order to avoid/prevent any complications.Missing more than one dose can cause seizures as the blood level of the drug may go below the critical level.