CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

my thigh, I have now realised that the ears..freaking

I suffer from depression and anxiety, I was bitten by something whilst camping that caused a large bruise on my thigh, I have now realised that the glands under my ears are slightly raised and i have a small lump in armpit, I am freaking out thinking that all this could be signs of something serious like cancer, i am completely obsessed by these thought and I am having trouble functioning
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Do you have a sore throat? Any fever?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no sore throat or fever, the bite occured a week ago
Can you possibly take a picture, upload it to fileden or photobucket and send me the link?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont know how to do that sorry the bruise did have a raised lump in centre that was white with purple yellow bruising around it, does that help
How does it look now?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The bruise ? is fading and has small dry patch of skin in centre, im more concerned it is the sign of something more serious
No... don't be worried. This does not sound like anything that caused you harm..if so the bite would have gotten MUCH worse and would not be almost healed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am not so much worried bout the bite as i am the glands being up could the bite have caused that and would they still be up just slightly under ears and a small lump in armpit
no.... you may be thinking about Lyme disease... but this is due to a tick bite and the tick stays in your skin.. you would have seen it. The swollen glands may be due to a virus or a cold.. the bump under your arm may be a boil caused by sweating.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am more worried about cancer or something like that because of the gland swelling, and i am really tired
Cancer..when glands swell from cancer they are HARD as rocks and BIG.. don't let your anxiety do this to you.

Anxiety can cause alterations in breathing patterns and it may be that you are holding your breath or breathing too rapidly which can cause fatigue . There is something you can do right now to stop it.....initiate proper breathing. You can help alleviate the feeling of throat tightness, panic and and shortness of breath by changing your breathing pattern to abdominal breathing. To abdominal breathe ( which is a much more effective breathing technique) place one hand on your abdomen and one hand on your chest... watch to see which rises. It should be the abdomen, NOT the chest.Practice breathing using your abdominal muscles... (to breathe with chest muscles causes fatique and more shortness of breath) by taking in a deep breath through your nose.. making sure only the hand on your abdomen moves, slowly.. and exhale slowly through the mouth.. your abdomen should flatten with exhalation. Do this three breaths at a time. Breathing correctly will immediately eliminate anxiety...., every time. If it comes back do it again.

COnsider taking extra hydration ( atleast 8 glasses of water per day), this will help as well as destressing through the use of biofeedback and relaxation techniques ,

definitely plan to get adequate sleep. Sleeping is so important for over all well being.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i can only just feel them but they are hard I am trying to not let this get to me but the anxiety is all consuming

They would be really big and really hard and visible.

Here is an interesting article and video:

I will give you a list of some of the best stress management books that I am familiar with:

I hope this information helps you. If I can help further just let me know...and please know that you are ok:-)))