Charogat
Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

Hi-please help me, Im so worried. My MRI report says 1)there

Customer Question

Hi-please help me, I'm so worried. I am a 37 year old female and had some kind of test measuring audio visual processing to the brain and got abnormal results so had an MRI. My MRI report says 1)there is a question of a prominent flow void involving the right internal carotid artery cavernous segment- an aneurysm cannot be excluded 2) nonspecific scattered small hyperintensities involving the white matter of both cerebral hemispheres. What does this mean? (!)
Category: Health
Expert:  Charogat replied 6 years ago.

Charogat :

hi#

Charogat :

Hi, and thank you for coming to JustAnswer.com with your question.

Charogat :

A 'prominent flow void' would indicate that there is a part of your carotid artery (the major artery that goes from your heart to your brain - and is located in your neck. The INTERNAL carotid artery is part of the artery that continues into your brain). The radiologist is not sure if this is due to some abnormality that can be causing a blockage or an aneurysm.

Charogat :

Hyperintensities are often seen in areas where there is not as much blood flow as we would want to normally see in the brain. The report is saying that it is in both sides of the brain. There are a number of things that can cause this as well.

Charogat :

The most concerning thing about this is the abnormal audio/visual processing test.

Charogat :

When there is a problem in the brain that causes symptoms to occur then it is something that needs to be treated.

Charogat :

Your neurologist will have to work with you to find out exactly what, and how mild or severe the problem is to decide on further treatment.

Charogat :

I wish you all the best of luck!

Charogat :

Please feel free to come back with more questions. I hope to be online some time tomorrow.

Charogat :

G-d Bless

Charogat :

end#

Charogat :

If you have any follow-up questions for me please feel free to ask them.

Charogat :

________________________

Charogat :

If you are satisfied with the doctor's answer please click 'accept' so that she can be paid. BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are not expected, but are always appreciated.