Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

I have been spotting/bleeding since 7 wks 5 days. I am now

Customer Question

I have been spotting/bleeding since 7 wks 5 days. I am now at 10 weeks 6 days. I have had few symptoms other than great urge to urinate and breast tenderness. My breasts are not as tender today/yesterday as before. Almost painless. Though the frequent and overpowering urge to urinate is still present just not quite as ofteen. I have been having intercourse every 1-2 days.

The bleeding is red blood. Worst in the 24 hours post sex. Probably a dime to half dollar sized stain every now and then. Or no stain at all for several hours. There have been maybe 3 smallish clots. The spotting gets lighter and browner if I don't have intercourse.

There has been little to no cramping or pain what so ever and I have been comfortable for the most part.

What should I expect when I go in for my ultrasound on Monday? (11 weeks, 0 days).
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Have you had an ultrasound yet?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, wasn't and am still not 100% sure I was preggo. Every home test has been positive but at approx 4 weeks 4 days I had a blood test done which was negative. But, I just *knew* was.

I have taken about 10 home test in the course of the time since I first missed my period (mid march) all were positive. Including the one I did yesterday.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
THis could be a miscarriage - but it is common to bleed too in the first trimester.
So, I would recommend that you get a blood Quantitative pregnancy test along with a vaginal ultrasound to check the pregnancy.
Also, it is common for 'symptoms' of pregnancy to go away too such as breast tenderness.
So, hopefully you have a normal pregnancy on Monday.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there any way drinking sodas can w
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
what is 'w'?