Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

Hello Doctors, My boyfriend has unfortunally had two heart

Customer Question

Hello Doctors,

My boyfriend has unfortunally had two 'heart attacks in the last two weeks". He does not want an artificial heart but was willing to try an internal pacemaker. The docs told him he didn't qualify with an ejection fraction of 15 as of today.

He would like to go to Hawaii before he dies, would he be able to make the trip? I have very good friend, high ranking, at the hospitals in Oahu but I'm worried about the flight. Any feedback?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 5 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr B :

If he is currently stable and out of the hospital, and then the flight should not represent an obstacle to him travelling, but if he is not stable it is a bad idea