Carlos, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.D.

my girlfriend feels that she has a blatter infection and has

Customer Question

my girlfriend feels that she has a blatter infection and has a pain in her back
near her kidneys. She's had this for about a week (she's in custody and is not
getting the help she needs) and a fever broke last nite...
How long can she last like this and what do you think is wrong?
Category: Health
Expert:  Carlos replied 5 years ago.
Dear JACUSTOMER nyh2cg1y: What you described could be CV tenderness across her back and due to indeed a urinary tract or bladder infection which does require usually treatment prescribed by a doctor. I would advise you to have her to go to the nearest ER and work out a plan for payment, but at least be seen and get treatment(even an antibiotic shot) if one is available, since this will start working on the infection. Also, in the local ER they can get a STAT urinalysis and let her know right then what shows in her urine regarding an infection, etc. Other option, would be for her to go to a local health department when they are open to seek diagnostic workup and treatment as well, but the ER may be faster whereby she can get some relief from all the discomfort. I would suggest she drink cranberry juice and plenty of water also until she is sure that she has that type of infection and until she has improved.