Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

my 9 month old baby had high fever 0f 39 degrees celsius monday

my 9 month old baby had high fever 0f 39 degrees celsius monday 25/04/10. Tuesday was 40.09. Was starting to come alrite but this morning temperature was 34 degrees celsius, has not been above 36.5 all day today currently 35.3, just noticed a rash, what should i do?
This sounds typicaly like Roseola.

This is a viral fever in which a rash occurs on the third to fourth day.

However, you should consult her Pediatrician for this to be sure. Although roseola can be treated quite well with home care, you need to consult her doctor to be sure that is roseola.

Till you get to the doctor, I would suggest:

Fluids. Keeping her well hydrated is vital, you should give plenty of fluids like Pedialyte and Gatorade..

Tylenol suspension for fever if it does occur again.

If fever runs very high, you can try with ice packs, you can use a towel kept in the fridge or a dry bag of ice, you should apply it over the forehead and under the arms..

You should carefully watch out for signs of dehydration which would include no urination for 6 hours, very high colored and scant urine, lethargy, dry mouth, deep rapid breathing, fast pulse, etc. You must go to the ER if you notice any of these signs.

You should also consult her pediatrician once for this.

You can read up here:

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.