physician123
physician123, Doctor
Experience:  MD

What to do if I inhaled cinnamon

What to do if I inhaled cinnamon?
Category: Health
Expert:  physician123 replied 3 years ago.

physician123 :

Hello

physician123 :

Welcome to just answer.

physician123 :

I am here to answer you..

physician123 :

Did you inhale cinammon powder ?

Customer:

I sprinkled some cinnamon on my home-made yoghurt and accidentally inhaled some while eating. Now I've got an irritating cough.

physician123 :

When did this happen ?

Customer:

Within the last 15 minutes

physician123 :

Are you suffering from any medical condition like asthma ?

physician123 :

Has the cough increased since you inhaled it ?

Customer:

No. 65, non-insulin-dependent diabetes II, high BP (meds)

physician123 :

ok

physician123 :

Any breathlessness or any other complaints apart from the cough ?

physician123 :

How severe is the cough ?

Customer:

You mean breathing complaints? The cough is annoying, not severe

physician123 :

I mean is the coughing getting you breathless ?

physician123 :

?

Customer:

It feels like it is in the throat, not the lungs. The cough is making my throat more raw-feeling (drying effect of powder?)

physician123 :

Ok

physician123 :

Thank you for the information .

Customer:

No, the coughing is not making me breathless

physician123 :

Cinammon powder is harmless as such.....at the most t causes irritation when inhaled and also burning at times.

physician123 :

Thus if the coughing is not severe it subsides with time .

physician123 :

Thus you should get fresh air as that will help clear your throat .

Customer:

Should I be concerned that some particles may have made it into my lungs?

physician123 :

As you have no breathing difficulty and not a very severe cough it is nothing to worry about as apart from this there is nothing to worry about.

physician123 :

No,you do not need to worry about that at all.

physician123 :

In case you develop breathlessness or an allergic reaction then it is a cause of worry.

physician123 :

You seem fine..

Customer:

OK, sold. :-) This is precisely the type of information I was seeking. Thank you.

physician123 :

Thus you just need to watch out for an increase in the symptoms.

physician123 :

Take care and god bless..

physician123 :

I wish you great health..

Customer:

I will. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX bless you as well.

physician123 :

Do let me know if you have further doubts.

Customer:

Will do.

physician123 :

Please click on the green accept button if this answers you as it is only then that will the site credit me for my work.

physician123, Doctor
Experience: MD