DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD
8742629

on my most recent mammo it stated that there was parchemal

on my most recent mammo it stated that there was parchemal distortion in upper left side of left breast. same area i had a benign core biopsy in 2008. she said my results were normal. and also said stable with last mammo in oct 2010. i only saw this on a copy of the report i had mailed to me, for my own records. does this sound conclusive for a biopsied area?
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Dr. AM. MD. :

Welcome to just answer,

Dr. AM. MD. :

Why biopsy was done in 2008?

Dr. AM. MD. :

Do you have any breast symptoms?

Dr. AM. MD. :

How many times have you done mammo after 2008?

Customer:

i have fibercstic tissue, so i requested a mammo, and i had some calcifications, and it was mastitis.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Is there any history of breat cancer in family?

Customer:

I had one in 2010, and this april, for fibercystic changes (my own parinoia of them !)

Customer:

no history at all of cancer in family

Dr. AM. MD. :

This distortion can be due to previos biopsy and if this area is consistent then there is nothing much to worry about.

Dr. AM. MD. :

In case this parenchymal distortion can also be due fibrocystic disease.

Customer:

ok, the mammo in oct was the same, but that radiologist did not use the same wording (distortion) thats the only thing that made me concerned.

Dr. AM. MD. :

In some cases these parenchymal distortion can be earliest sign or changes of cancer so follow up is always required and suggested.

Dr. AM. MD. :

What word was used in OCT report ?

Customer:

they did not require any follow up for this. said to come back at 40.

Dr. AM. MD. :

They called you for follow up only.

Dr. AM. MD. :

In young patients MAMMO is not usually recommended as it involved radiation so better to avoid repeated mammo.

Customer:

in the oct report just stated there was a biopsy marker

Dr. AM. MD. :

I think radiologist mentioned same area in different words.

Customer:

do this is likely nothing? would there be more concern if this were cancer??

Dr. AM. MD. :

Did you radiologist compared both mammo ? i.e latest one and one done in oct?

Customer:

yes, no changes since 2008

Dr. AM. MD. :

then there is nothing to worry about this does not look like cancer.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Thanks

Dr. AM. MD. :

please feel free to ask if you have ask doubts.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Please do ACCEPT before you leave.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Thanks

Customer:

ok, he called it asymetric tissue in oct for left side

Dr. AM. MD. :

This asymetric tissue is not cancer.

Customer:

is that the same as distortion?

Dr. AM. MD. :

yes it same.

Dr. AM. MD. :

yes this is same.

Customer:

ok, so this is NOT cancer they have missed just tissue?

Dr. AM. MD. :

Yes.

Dr. AM. MD. :

If there is cancer it will change with time and will not stay same for three years.

Customer:

ok, what about 6 months? would there be a change?

Dr. AM. MD. :

No it will not change and please do no repeat mammo unless your doctor tell you to.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Mammo involve raditaion use, better to avoid.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Thanks

Customer:

ok, thanks!! i meant if this were cancer, would there have been some change since Oct?

Dr. AM. MD. :

this cannnot be predicted.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Do not worry this is not cancer.

Customer:

thank you!

DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MD