Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

5 days ago, I received a handjob in an asian massage parlor

5 days ago, I received a handjob in an asian massage parlor and after ejaculating, the masseuse cleand me off with a wet towel. She used a massage oil for the act and no other type of contact was performed nor any body fluid exchanged....after 2 days my genitals started to itch and now i have a very uncomfortable feeling along with a little bit of redness in my penis, scrotum and anus. Is there any way of a possible infection that I might contracted from this event? if not an std or sti, why do I have this discomfort in my private parts? pls help.
You won't get herpes or any other STD from a hand job.You can get hpv from it but the risk of that is incredibly low too. Most likely you have got an allergic reaction from the oil which they used for massage and it is causing skin irritation and itching.Try taking an anti histamine tab like Piriton three times a day for two days.Wear little bit loose clothing and apply Calamine Lotion (available over the counter ) on itchy area for twice a day.
Best Regards,
Dr.Naeem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dr. Naeem, your answer is certainly extremely well received! aside of my inmense guilt of this regretful indiscretion, i am terrified I could transmit something to my wife. I have been in a 100% monogamous relationship for the past 14 yrs, so as you can imagine I feel very ashamed of this event. Based on your response, can I assume then that it is safe and OK for me to have intercourse with my wife? even if I have this allergic reaction? can you please also clarify what is HPV...I'm totally ignorant about std's or sti's....i'm alleviated it can not be any kind of std/sti, but could it be a fungus that I could possibly transmit to her if I have intercourse? I would certainly be happiest if its only an allergic reaction!!
I totally understand your situation.No need to be terrified.Fungal infections normally take a little bit more days ( 4 to 7 ) to reveal themselves.However,there is possibility that if it is fungus(as too much itchiness is a clue)then you might have contracted it from any other source .(like any other public place).HPV virus is a viral infection that is transmitted in 85% of cases through genital contacts .However ,if anybody is having warts(lesions of HPV) on hand then it can be transmitted through hand to the persons parts touched.PCR is a test that can reveal if its viral infection or not .But again HPV do not present like this.I will suggest you to wear condom till you find its getting better.If its allergy then it will go away by taking anti histamine in 2 to 3 days.After 24 hrs you will see improvement.
If no betterment seen in 2 days then you should go for a check up as soon as possible.
Hope it cleared you mind.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dr Naeem, Thank you and I will hit the accept answer right after i get this last reply from you so I can put this to rest. There is no chance of using a condom with my wife because we never never do and it would be extremely ackward if I start now (there will be a suspicion of something not right for her) If its only an allergic reaction, which will hopefully will, then it should not be a problem about having unprotected intercourse with her right?
what are the symptoms of HPV? my itching is not constant...appears and then it goes away....but i feel somewhat constantly a mild burning/itching sensation... highly unlikely that she had any kind of problems in her hand as I would have noticed it (or felt it).. and very unlikely also that I could have gotten it from any other public place....the fact is that the itching began 2 days after this event....pls help me put this to rest...and Thank you!!!
Thanks for your input.If itchiness is not constant then it is allergic reaction.Because in fungal infection there is deadly itching through out the day that skin get eroded.In HPV there can be itchiness first one or 2 days but later there appear warts (pimple like things).She must not be having warts on hands as they do not employ such ladies in their parlous as it is against law of health and safety.Such candidates are hired normally after they produce their fitness from all viral infections.So do not worry.You are safe.You can avoid condom if itch is not disturbing one.
Thanks