DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD

Getting them in my legs thighs feet,rib cage,hands

Having very bad muscle cramps. Getting them in my legs thighs feet,rib cage,hands well all over. Been to the doctor he said drink more water. Well if I drink any more water I"ll need a ship.It has not helped.The pain gets really bad cant move and where ever I get the cramps, the muscle is sore for days after .It is gatting worse as time goes on.What can I do to stop this.Its has been going on for to two weeks and slowly getting worse.
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.

Dr. AM. MD. :

hello

Dr. AM. MD. :

Are you any medication?

Dr. AM. MD. :

Have you done any investigations i.e blood tests?

Customer:

blood pressure med. and meloxicam

Dr. AM. MD. :

Common cause of such symptoms are Inadequate blood supply, Nerve compression and Mineral depletion in body.

Dr. AM. MD. :

There is possibiltiy that there is too little potassium, calcium or magnesium in your body can contribute to leg cramps

Dr. AM. MD. :

You need to do blood test to look for level.

Dr. AM. MD. :

You doctor is right to tell you to drink water as dehydration is one of the cause of such symptoms.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Since there is no relief i think you should get few test done.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Some diuretic medications prescribed for high blood pressure cause loss of potassium.

Customer:

I for got I had blood work done doctor said every thing normal

Dr. AM. MD. :

what test were done? Are these electrolyte levels i.e potassium, calcium or magnesium were done.

Customer:

I can not say he didnt tell me what he was looking for just sent me for blood work

Dr. AM. MD. :

in that case you should get backto him and inquire about these tests.

Dr. AM. MD. :

If not done get them done.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Even if he has done it i would advice you to get these test done again.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Meanwhile stretch the cramped muscle and gently rub it to help it relax.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Use a cold pack to relax tense muscles

Dr. AM. MD. :

Thanks

Dr. AM. MD. :

I hope this helped/

Dr. AM. MD. :

If you have any doubt or question regarding this issue please feel free to ask.

Customer:

thanks

DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MD