Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I had a gunshot wound to my calf on April 13th. It missed the

I had a gunshot wound to my calf on April 13th. It missed the bone and was a through and through. I can walk on it and it is getting better each day. I was truly lucky. Orthopedic specialist said I could walk on it. What I want to know is can I ride my motorcycle?
Category: Health
Expert:  physician123 replied 3 years ago.

physician123 :

Hello

physician123 :

Welcome to just answer...

Customer:

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 years ago.

Your previous expert is offline, so I am answering your question, as you are waiting for an answer.

Any wound in which weight bearing is allowed, one can drive motorcycle too. If you need to kick start the motorcycle; do it by the uninjured limb.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It would be electric start bike but is it ok to bear weight of a motorcycle not just my own weight?

Yes, this is allowed when weight bearing is permitted. The reason is; effective weight is far less of the vehicle, which is on the wheels. So damage to the tissue is not likely. If the driving is painless or is just discomfort, it means that it is not putting a significant strain and you can go ahead. A painless activity is allowed in an injury; this is one of most important criteria to select the activity. Pain is our protective phenomenon and guide us, not to do that particular activity, which is painful.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine