Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

I have been taking Omnic OCAS 04 for two months . There is

I have been taking Omnic OCAS 04 for two months . There is definitely an improvemen in incontinance.
Question: should i continue the treatment of one pill per day or discontinue? What are the side effects in both cases?

Thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago via Patientsville.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 5 years ago.

If the Omnic Ocas 0.4 mg is working well for you, then there is not a reason to stop it unless you are experiencing side effects.
If you decide to stop the medication, your symptoms will likely return.

The main side effects of the medication are dizziness due to a drop in blood pressure (especially if you stand up quickly), headache, nasal congestion and abnormal ejaculation.
If you have problems with angina (chest pain), the medication can worsen these symptoms due to a drop in blood pressure. If you have noticed any chest pain while taking the medication, this would be a reason to stop it and contact your doctor.

Otherwise, this medication is used by many men for long periods of time and is very helpful for prostate problems. If you are not having any problems with it and it is working well, there is no reason to stop it at this time.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!