CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

abnormal stomach pressure, heaviness, uncomfortableness cant

abnormal stomach pressure, heaviness, uncomfortableness can't get answers
25 year old female, weigh 115
February 8th After 3 days of feeling uncomfortableness in my stomach it got so bad I went to ER as I was late on my period about two weeks. I went off the pill after 7 years in September but was normal through February.
Did a pelvic exam, ultrasound (pelvic,abdominal) CT scan all normal, found a small cyst on right side and said my appendix looked slightly inflammed but weren't too concerned as it could be my normal size and wasn't having symptoms of appendicitis.
Was back and forth between the ER 5 times over the course of a two week period due to weird abdominal pressure and the doctors making me think I had appendicitis. I would have bouts of heartburn that would last hours, and I have never had heartburn in my life. I followed up with surgeons, GI specialist, OBGYN. Cysts had went away GI doctor said I was fine. Tested me for a UTI, culture and came back negative Blood taken several times to test hormone levels and other levels all came back normal. Ruled out appendicitis again and was told to keep it in the back of my mind. Received another abdominal and pelvic ultrasound all normal, cyst dissolved.
weird thing is still having uncomfortableness it's in the center of my mid to lower abdomen towards the left sort of like if you slouch on your stomach and it feels uncomfortable but it's constant. My pee pressure has been low where I can't really push it out like normal. My poop has been soft but formed and able to go at least once a day like usual. Supposed to follow up with another GI doctor and i am getting concerned as no one is finding answers. Could it be something with my colon or bladder related??
in addition I have had problems with my sinuses for years, no allergies, but being constantly congested, saw an ent was scoped several times thought I might have a nasal drip could all of this be related? Please help!
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. You may have something called Irritable bowel syndrome( IBS) IBS is a term given to A FUNCTIONAL BOWEL DISORDER THAT CAUSES ALTERNATING DIARRHEA AND CONSTIPATION, ABDOMINAL discomfort AND BLOATING. Try this, drink least 8 glasses of water per day. Purchase Bio- K ( available in the cold case of health food stores) , which is an excellent probiotic that will not only help with regularity but also improve your immune system, also purchase Benefiber..( Over the counter) and take it per package directions. This combined with Bio K will promote regular, productive, well formed, easy to pass stools and help eliminate abdominal discomfort. As for the post nasal drip...

this is often caused by allergies, particularly dust. For some people this is manifested in bed time post nasal drip. A good investment would be an air purifier for your bedroom, this makes a world of difference for many people. This is the one I personally use and I can verify that it has helped me tremendously with nasal problems at night.
It will work within hours and you should see a measurable improvement on the very first night:-)

I hope this informationhelps, plese let me know if I can help you further:-)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your answer. When I first started researching about these symptoms I immediately looked into IBS. I just don't have those symptoms. it's not like i alternate with my's a constant feeling. I also feel like it could be something lower intestinal as it's my lower abdomen in addition it's now affecting my bladder which is causing me the issues with peeing. What else do you think it could be? I don't think i have a gluten or lactose allergy b/c although I am slightly lactose intolerant where I get uncomfortable drinking straight milk. I never experience worsening symptoms after I consume these products.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Have you had a cystoscopy? this is where te Doctor looks into your bladder with a scope via the urethra. If not, this is the bet place to start... lower pain can be the bladder.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no I have not...I am going to see a GI/Internist today. Any questions that I should ask specifically?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
I would be sure to ask about possible bladder problems since nothing much has come up via the GI tests you have had... although an inflammed appendix can cause lots of trouble.. including nausea, abdominal pain, gas, bloating and more. Make sure you tell him about this ( appendix). The change in urinary flow indicates a proble in the urinary system.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry for all the questions didn't realize you responded other question so last time i was in the ER it came up that I had a UTI with the urine test but after they cultured it was negative. Again this GI noted I have pus in my urine and he is going to culture it again. If it comes back negative again then what else could it be?? I have no sign or symptoms of infection no kidney pain...what could it be?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
in the absence of infection, if Bacteria is present in urine it is usually because it was not collected properly or the urine was not put on ice and stood at room temperature for more than 30 minutes before being tested.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well i don't think it is that since they tested several times and the same results come up and also I am having this uncomfortable pressure and my urine has been cloudy and it came up that i had a UTI at the OBGYN but since they cultured it at the ER they ruled it out. Is there anything else that you know of that it could be?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Kidney stones may cause cloudy urine... have they considered this possibility?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no as I had a catscan and ultra sounds all showed normal. Plus i don't have any weird pain especially in my back
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
in all honesty your doctor is going to need to order you a cystoscopy ( the spicialist will actually be able to visualize your gu system) to be able to diagnose and treat you so you won't have to suffer this discomfort anymore.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thankss