DoogleNK
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

uti the day before her and her daughter went to Mexico

Customer Question

Hello

So here is how everything comes to from 2 weeks or so. Girlfriend of 7 months I known her for 3+ years. She got an uti the day before her and her daughter went to Mexico she got antibiotics to fix her up. 9 days later they come back from Mexico and her and I have sex 3-4 times that day before I had to go back to work for 3 nights then I had 4 days off and we had more sex plus one of the time I had anal sex with her unprotected. Around a day later it starts to hurt to pee and my left lymph node is swollen with pain going down my left leg (inside and the top of my thigh) then I start to see blisters/sores or something by my balls and one little bump on the tip of my penis and one little bit bigger on my shaft of my penis and 3 bumps/blisters by my waistline. Then I go to the clinic and they give me a shot of rocephin in my butt and give me a prescription for doxycycline monohydrate and the doctor said there are treating me for gonorrhea and syphilis and he looked at the bumps and said it was herpes also they had me pee in a cup to see if I had a bladder infection they said I did but had to send it out to see what kind or something I call 2 days later and said they didn’t know what kind of infection but it was one. I then went to another doctor 3 days later for a health assement for work to keep my discount (every 3 years) and told him what was going on and he looked me over and said the bumps/blisters are chancroid. I did have them pull blood to do a STD test also. So I am waiting on those results also. The bumps/blisters don’t hurt or itch and when I squeeze them they have a little bit of clear liquid and blood come out then a day later little water blisters show up around 4-5 of them in a row by the big bump/blister but only by my waistline that does this. The only one that does hurt is the one by my balls because it rubs on my thigh. It is driving me crazy because from 2 doctors say 2 different things of what they are. I don’t think it a STD because neither she nor I have had outbreaks or anything before and my previous relationship I was in for 10 years and she was in one for 3+ years before her and I started dating 7 months ago. I do trim my pubic area with an electric trimmer and she shaves her area with a razor. So can anyone tell me what’s going on? I can also send a couple pictures of the bumps/sores also.

Thanks
Concerned and Confused
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 3 years ago.
HiCustomer
I would break my answer in multiple parts

First of all, do you have STD?

Gonorreha, chancroid, herpes and syphilis spread by sexual contact and so they are classified under STDs. And you do have STD as per the description.

Which one do you have?

Chancroid causes painful genital bump that ulcerates. If most of your sores are painless, it is clinically unlikely to be chancroid.

Syphilis usually starts with a single painful ulcer on the penis

Herpes causes multiple sores like you describe and seems to be more likely.

It is possible to get multiple infections at the same time.

What to do next?

It is best to be checked and treated for all STDs in this situation. Please continue with the doxycycline pills as they can cover multiple infections. I would also suggest informing your partner and encouraging her to be checked and treated.

Please press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK & BONUS is appreciated.
_______________________________________
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i did talk her my girlfriend and she has never had an bumps or sores anywhere. i am confused after 7 months of being sexaully active with her this just hit out of the blue and it starts with her getting a uti? and then a week and a half i get a bladder infection and blisters on my genatilas and by my waistline where my underware waist band sits? what about the pain going down my leg from the swollen lymph node is that bad to have pain from that. i did take my last pill today of the doxycycline.
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 3 years ago.
The swollen lymph node in the groin can compress/irritate on a nerve that runs down the thigh. This would settle down once the infection resolves.

I think diagnosis and treatment of these conditions should take priority over deciding how they came.

_______________________________________
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is at my waistline.

graphic

Expert:  DoogleNK replied 3 years ago.
Looks more like Herpes. Takes 2-4 weeks to settle down.
Treatment for Herpes is with antivirals like acyclovir.

For more information, please read this link genital herpes

_______________________________________
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i didnt think herpes went up to the waistline and more down by the genatils? so if i have it then wouldnt my girlfriend showen signs out an outbreak sometime when we where together?
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 3 years ago.
Consider these facts-

HSV-1 stays above waistline and HSV-2 stays below waistline.

Infection from genitalia can spread to lymph node in groin/waistline and can cause secondary lesions there.

It is also possible to have more than one infection at the same time.

Most women infected with the herpes virus do not know that they are infected because they have few or no symptoms.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>i what more opinions to see if everyone elses says the same thing.</p>
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 3 years ago.
I would opt out so that other experts can help you.
Thanks
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i want more opinions
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer,
Greetings.HSV1 and HSV2 generally occur above and below the waist .However,either one of the sores/blisters can occur both above and below their respective areas.They can be transferred from the site of a cold sore by contact with body fluids by touch to another area which may be touched accidentally due to viral shedding which may occur even during latency.The virus can be shed by the skin(especially of the genitals) without any apparent sore,hence transmission can occur without any skin lesions by skin to skin contact.Secondary infection of a herpetic ulcer in the groin/on the scrotum can develop a secondary infection and may cause inguinal lymphadenopathy with pain and tenderness.Treatment is by antiviral drugs like acyclovir/Famciclovir,antibiotics may be needed if secondary infection is there.
It would be best if both you and your girlfriend got the HSV1 and 2 tests done.You do not appear to have a STD,though NonGonococcal Urethritis(NGU )may be there.Your STD reports are due and will confirm or rule out any STD.The inguinal lymphadenopathy may occur with herpes 2 infections.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so these blister do in fact look like herpes then.

also i didnt mention this but i do have sentive skin and moved into a new place that had a dog there also but i never had problems with animals. this stuff also started a week after i moved into the new place. i dont know if this related or my girlfriend carried the virus and didnt know it until i told her i started breaking out with these blisters and had a bladder infection and swollen lymph node.but i still dont understand after 7 months this would finally show up after all the other times we had sex within the 7 months.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am getting tested for herpes and all the other std tests when they pulled my blood and now i am waiting on results.
The herpes infection can be asymptomatic when it first occurs.subsequent outbreaks triggered by stress, exposure to sunlight,vigorous sex,and suppression of the immune system by disease can be more problematic with more sores.This need not be the first outbreak and may be a subsequent outbreak brought forward by vigorous sex.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so you think this is a second outbreak then? i never had any kind of systoms like this before. but i guess time will tell when i get the std test back but if it comes back negetive what else would cause this stuff.
Other possibilities would be Chancre due to syphilis,chancroid,granuloma inguinale andLymphoGranuloma Venereum.All would present with ulcers.