DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I had calcaneus surgery last year. Now I have a flat foot and

I had calcaneus surgery last year. Now I have a flat foot and claw foot. The three middle toes curl up and down and the big one is straight out. Im overdosed on hope and change. Hence no money and no Ins.. Anything that I can do to help this or at least keep it from getting worse ? Thank you
Have you tried arch supports?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the ones from walmart. They didnt seem to help and maybe even made it worse.
You have multiple problems with your foot that mostly relate to the alignment and balance of different bones in the foot. If an arch support does not help, you might need a more complex orthotic. I would suggest getting evaluated for an orthotic with an orthotist.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
A friend said his Uncle had the toe thing and had to do some kind of stretching, could that help ? And will my foot always be flat ? Thanks
Manual stretching does help the claw toe. The orthotics are supposed to provide proper alignment and persistent stretch.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dr. With the proper orthotic would after time would that be curative or a life long thing. Do you have any ides of a price range for one? Also, I never did get the plate removed could that be contributing to these problems ? Thanks