DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD
8742629

Hi I have a couple of soft lumps at the back of my neck

Hi

I have a couple of soft lumps at the back of my neck between the base of the scull and shoulders and at the top of my backbone, which i have only just noticed.

It has been irritating me for a few months with a numbing pinching, aching feeling with varying strengths of headaches to migranes. I also noticed that my co ordination is a little out of wack.

The area is very tender to touch at the moment.

Can you tell me if this is something to be concerned about and what it might be.
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 3 years ago.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Dr. AM. MD. :

welcome to just answer.

Dr. AM. MD. :

How big are these lumps?

Customer:

Hi. one is the size of a 5c piece and the other a little bigger

Dr. AM. MD. :

Are these lumps located just over spine?

Customer:

Yes above the spine at the back of the neck on either side of the neck bone and is very movable and sore.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Are they increasing in size ? I mean from the time you first noticed them?

Customer:

Only just noticed them a few hours ago but perhaps a few weeks ago I thought there was a little something there that may have been a pimple that was aggrivating me.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Is there any change in color of skin above lump?

Dr. AM. MD. :

Are these lumps movable below skin?

Dr. AM. MD. :

You have mentioned that you have some symptoms fromlast few months?

Dr. AM. MD. :

Please decsribe in details.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Thanks

Dr. AM. MD. :

What is your age?

Customer:

I think perhaps just a little red but yes they are movable.

Customer:

There was a pinching feeling and a continuous numb feeling. I am 50 years old'

Dr. AM. MD. :

Where is the numb feeling?

Customer:

On the right side of my neck but now there is a dull ache between the neck bone.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Any pain or numbness is right arm?

Customer:

Yes under the arm and tward the back of the arm

Dr. AM. MD. :

Thanks for all theinformation

Customer:

Thank you Doctor.

Dr. AM. MD. :

There is possibilty that these two lumps are tumors from the nerves of spinal cord.

Dr. AM. MD. :

These symptoms can be due to nerve compression.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Othere possibilty is that there is degenrative disc disease which can also cause such symptoms die to nerve compression.

Dr. AM. MD. :

You need to get your self examined by your doctor asap.

Dr. AM. MD. :

You will require an MRI scan of spine also to look for exact cause and nature of lumps.

Dr. AM. MD. :

If these are tumor you will reruire surgical excision.

Customer:

Ok how serious can this be

Dr. AM. MD. :

If tumor is diagnosed , it needs immediate treatment.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Get immediate medical attention.

Dr. AM. MD. :

i hope this helped.

Dr. AM. MD. :

Please do ACCEPT the answer,

Dr. AM. MD. :

before you leave

Dr. AM. MD. :

If you have any doubts please feel free toask

Dr. AM. MD. :

Please do leave POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS if possible.

Customer:

Thank you

DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MD