Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I HAVE A LUMP UNDER MY CHIN RIGHT BELOW MY JAW ABOUT THE SIZE

Customer Question

I HAVE A LUMP UNDER MY CHIN RIGHT BELOW MY JAW ABOUT THE SIZE OF LARGE MARBLE SEEMS TO BE RIGHT UNDER SKIN CAN MOVE SIDE TO SIDE HAS BEEN THERE FOR OVER 5 YRS.I HAVE NO PAIN OR SORENESS JUST HAD BLOOD WORK CEA IS 2.5 WHAT DO YOU THINK
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I am a Head & Neck surgeon and wants to help you.

Have you got its FNAC or needle biopsy done?

Have you visited ENT doctor for this?

Do have any tooth related or throat related problem?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have not had a fnac or needle biopsy done or visited a ent doctor i have not had any tooth related or throat related problems by the way what is aFNAC
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

The location at which you have described the lump, it can either be a lymph node or can be a submandibular salivary gland. Lymph node can be due to some previous infection and salivary gland can be due to some blockade in its duct due to some stone or concretions in the duct. Cancer sort of things are not possible in your case because of long history however it can be some benign lesion of the salivary gland.

You should visit an ENT doctor for this and should get FNAC done, its fine needle aspiration cytology, done by inserting a fine needle in the lump to get its cells and getting them checked under microscope.

CAE is not related to this.

I hope this helps you.

I wish you good luck for all.

Please click ACCEPT if i have answered your question.

Regards

DR HASAN

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 3 years ago.

I am sending this message in response to your feed back.

Iam sorry i donot know anyone in your area. BUt donot worry this is a very usuall thing and any ENT can help you with this easily. Before you visit your ENT even your PCP can order FNAC for you.

Thanks for all.

Regards