A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Hello,I have a scab on my thigh that will not heal..when

Hello, I have a scab on my thigh that will not heal..when I pick it off it bleeds profusely, if I lie or hit wrong it causes pain, it is tender to the touch, and causes much pain when I pick the scab: but since I ask this question before and received no answer, my first months pay should be free, and $10 off my second months.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. How long have you had this wound that won't heal?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

about 6 months or more

Then you need to see a medical provider. Any sore that will not heal is always suspicious for a malignancy. It is one of the cardinal signs of skin cancer. Six months is more than long enough to go without a diagnosis.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

is skin cancer dangerous??

Of course it is. It can metabolize and kill someone.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I know I am annoying you, but when I first noticed the scab, it was built up, like a pyramid, now that I have picked it and played with it, it is flat and it is still a scab, still sore, but what else could it be besides cancer?

It can be any number of different things, including an infection. However, most infections heal within a matter of days to a few weeks. Many types of skin cancer do not. Any wound that hasn't completely healed in two months needs to be seen by your medical provider or a dermatologist to rule out cancer. Skin cancer is very treatable if caught early. The longer it is untreated the more difficult it is to eradicate.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If I let it go on, is the death painful....

Every death is painful for someone, especially if it isn't necessary. Here is a list of free clinics if you don't have insurance to see a medical provider:

http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC.aspx

http://www.freeclinics.us/

http://www.justanswer.com/expert/question-list.aspx

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You have been more than patient, I do not trust doctors, but for some reason I trust you, I appreciate your answers, I will go to a doctor,,, hope you were telling me the truth...or do u get a kick back...only asking...please for give ...the government is such a liar

I don't get kickbacks from anyone and I don't even get paid until a customer clicks on the accept button. So there is no incentive to lie to you about what you need to do for a diagnosis.