Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

My cousins dad has a hangover while using the bathroom he fell

My cousins dad has a hangover while using the bathroom he fell hit his head on the towel bar. His forehead is slightly red, no bruising. My cousin put him to bed, but wonders if he should take him to the ER since he hit his head he is 73yrs old. He is asleep right now. I guess he fell forward the bathroom is small, but hit his head on the towel bar so it wasn't that big a fall, but smacked his forehead pretty hard. My cousin is on the phone so I hope someone can tell me.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
dear customer,

did he has bleeding, vomitting, seizures or loss of consciousness ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No nothing like that at all he said just fell forward hit the bar that was an hour or so ago.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

The severe head injury causes the symptoms of loss of consciousness, nausea, vomitting and seizures.

The absence of these symptoms rules out the possibility of severe head injury in him.

You may consult the doctor by tommorow morning and have the ct scan of brain done to be on the safer side and rule out any internal injury.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would he show signs now if he had any internal injury?
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

The signs of severe head injry may be shown just after a few minutes and in some cases may be delayed upto 24-48 hrs.

If he is clinically stable then you may consult the doctor by tommorow morning and have the ct scan brain done to rule out any internal injury.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So even if he isn't showing any outward signs he can still have internal injury you are saying?
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,

Yes, in some rare cases the appearance of symptoms may be delayed for upto 24-48 hrs.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you