Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

I have been feeling like passing out after bending over for

I have been feeling like passing out after bending over for a minute or two. This has been for about 2 to 3 weeks. Today after walking up a small flight of stairs at home I felt
the same thing. This occurred each of two times.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,
Welcome to just Answer.The feeling of passing out while bending over may be due to syncope,this occurs when the blood supply to the brain is compromised.This may occur due to cardiac causes like Arrhythmias and pump failure,hardening of the vessels of the head due to atherosclerosis,or due to certain drugs and medication.Other causes would include Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo in which the vertigo occurs due to certain position of the head and Meniere Disease,due to the change in position of the labrynthine apparatus responsible for balance.Orthostatic hypotension is another cause in which the blood pressure variation due to change in position will cause a sensation of passing out.Other causes will include Diabetes,cerebrovascular disorders like stroke or lacunar infarctions(small strokes),brain tumours,multiple sclerosis and migraine headache.
If you are getting a feeling of fainting upon climbing stairs,you need to see your doctor /PCP urgently.he cause of this needs to be ascertained and treated as it may herald a serious situation.You need a thorough medical examination and investigations including a Holter Monitoring for arrhythmias,ECG and scanning and other tests for cardiac disease as wel as a ENT check up.Other tests as suggested by the findings after the physical examination as well as a review of any medication you may be taking.