Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

I still have excrutiating pain in my left thigh and would like

I still have excrutiating pain in my left thigh and would like to know what pain relief patches would ease this. My doctor prescribed pain killers which I am unable to take with the tablets I am already taking. Need to know what patches would be suitable for me.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
dear customer,

what is exact location of pain?
what pain killers you have been prescribed?
any associated swelling, redness, fever or injury?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
pain in top front of left thigh above femur muscle. Have had neurofen and paracetamol but no relief. Believe it is a trapped nerve. i.e. sciatica but no swelling redness, fever or inju ry. Would prefer pain relief patches or capsules or dissolvable ones.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.
dear customer,

The sciatica may be treated with muscle relaxants like chlordiazepoxide along with pain killers like motrin, brufen, etc.

Its better that you take the drugs in appropriate doses as prescribed by the doctor.

The epidural injection is tried in severe cases not responding to drugs and in some cases surgery is the treatment of choice.

Here is the link for more information

treatment of sciatica

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you