CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

sensations where I get like a strange head woosh feeling, and it feels

For the past 4 weeks I will get these sensations where I get like a strange head woosh feeling, and it feels like i space out for just a second. If I am talking to someone I keep talking, and no one notices. Its almost like a brief bout of dizziness or like Im not there for asecond. I went to my pcp he looked me over and didnt seem concerned. I went to an optometrist for an eye exam and he said things were fine. I have panic and anxiety disorder so this is kind of freaking me out.. no other symptoms male 32 metoprolo, lisinipril <br/><br/>(can Someone please answer)
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. What you are desribing is a very typical symptom of anxiety. The scary thing about Anxiety is that it can seem to come out of nowhere.. without a concrete cause. The next time this happens there is something you can do...initiate proper breathing. You can help alleviate the space out feeling by changing your breathing pattern to abdominal breathing. To abdominal breathe ( which is a much more effective breathing technique) place one hand on your abdomen and one hand on your chest... watch to see which rises. It should be the abdomen, NOT the chest.Practice breathing using your abdominal muscles... by taking in a deep breath through your nose.. making sure only the hand on your abdomen moves, slowly.. and exhale slowly through the mouth.. your abdomen should flatten with exhalation. Do this three breaths at a time. Breathing correctly will immediately eliminate anxiety...., every time. If it comes back do it again. Definitely plan to get adequate sleep. Sleeping is so important for over all well being. I hope this information helps you. If I can help further just let me know