Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

Ive been having some aching leg pain for the last 3 days.

I've been having some aching leg pain for the last 3 days. It feels like I have sat on my leg and cut off the blood flow or circulation to it. I'm active and physically fit, working out about 5 days a week. I have also noticed some varicose veins on the back of my left leg up by my hamstring muscle which is where I feel the pain. Could the veins be the reason I feel this pain?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you see any redness, swelling? Do you have difficulty in walking? Do you have itching and pain at the varicose vein?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes there is swelling around the veins with pain and alittle itching. Some difficulty in walking but I just push thru it.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information. After reviewing your case, I think your pain is most likely related to varicose vein. In most of the cases, varicose vein does not produce any symptoms, but it is quite possible to have pain, swelling itching, burning due to varicose vein. You can read more about it from his link. Click on different icons to view details.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/varicose-veins/DS00256/DSECTION=symptoms

Conservative treatments are usually helpful, but the are many other option to treat it.

Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.