A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist

My fiance has had for almost a month now tingling, itchiness

My fiance has had for almost a month now tingling, itchiness under here skin. There are no rashes or bumps in the areas that she scratches and now she itches sometimes so bad that she is scratching open her skin. Can you help me or point me in the direction she need to go to get this issue diagnosed? Thank you.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. I'm sorry no one has answered you yet. The problem is that there is no answer other than go to her regular medical provider or a dermatologist. Odds are that with no rash, etc. it is a neurological problem or even a psychosomatic one brought on by anxiety. There is really no way to tell what the cause is online, and you can only treat something when you know what it is you are treating. That takes an examination in person and perhaps some tests.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.

What part of the answer is inaccurate?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There are several things I researched. Everything from a pinched nerve to kidney failure. I under stand about seeing an expert, but it seems that you do not have or have had some one with a similar case. So I am asking what could it be and how is it best to be treated given other patient senerios.

Every provider has had similar types of patients with itches with no rash. You check them for the obvious (thyroid problems, etc.) and send them to neurology if indicated. If nothing is found, then treating the anxiety is what is left. Since you have already tried all the home remedies, there is nothing else you can do to treat it until her medical professional provides a diagnosis, which will also come with a treatment plan.

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist