Nurse Mandy
Nurse Mandy, Nurse
Experience:  LPN since 2000. Experience in Orthopedics, Dermatology, Cardiology & Ear Nose and Throat

i am trying to find a list of foods with low sugar, cholesterol, and sodium it hard for me

i am trying to find a list of foods with low sugar, cholesterol, and sodium it hard for me to start a diet without a list to go by
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Mandy replied 5 years ago.

My name isXXXXX you for using Just Answer. I will do my best to help you.

I did find a cook book on amazon that is called Deliciously Low, the gourmet guide to low sodium, low fat, low cholesterol, low sugar cooking. You may want to take a look at that, looks like it runs between $4-$8.

Vegetables and some fruits are your best bet along with lean low fat meats for the diet your are requiring. Tofu is something else you can look at. You can get fruit juices that are diet or low sugar to get and this is a good option to meet your fruit requirement for the day. Ocean Spray makes a lite and diet version of their fruit juices that are made with splenda instead of other artificial sweetness that are bad for you. Diet coke and hawaiian punch also has a diet version made with splenda. has a huge list of foods and their sodium contents.

Low cholesterol foods include fruits, vegetables, beans, egg whites, grain, poultry, fish, milk, yogurt and cheese.

Low sugar foods are a little tricky, besides sweets and sodas you have to be careful with some fruits and vegetables. Low sugar fruits include lemons, limes, raspberries, blackberries & cranberries. Medium sugar fruits include strawberries, blueberries, melons, peaches and apples. Low sugar veggies include spinach, broccoli, asparagus, cucumber, cabbage, mushrooms. Stay away from corn, potatoes and peas.

Low cholesterol includes lean means such as poultry, lean pork and fish.

Hope this has helped. Have a good day.