Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Sunday was a week ago that I went to the emergence room and

Sunday was a week ago that I went to the emergence room and stayed over 6 hours. I was having trouble breathing and just could not function. I was told I had bronchitis and was given 3 prescriptions to have filled next day. They were, Azithoromycin 250 mg Tablets, Benzonatate 100 mg cap and Relion Ventolin HEPA 108MCG/ACT GLA.
I have taken all the antibiotic therapy. I am still having trouble breathing and a bad odor comming from my nose when I breath. I have tried to call my Doctor but he will not take my call and will not talk to me . I can get an appointment with him in about 3 weeks. Untill then nothing and I feel like I need help. What can you do for me.
Please excuse any mistakes. I can't even think streight. By the way I am 73 years old.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

I am an ENT specialist & can help you.

Do you have one or more of the following symptoms.

Nasal obstruction

Nasal discharge

Fluid trickling in throat

Throat irritation

nasal bleeding

crackling in ears

wheezing

regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, Nasal Obstruction, Nasal bleading ( not much tho), and Wheezing and some throat irrtation
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your input and sorry for bit delay.

The condition from which you are suffering is basically sinusitis which has spread to chest and involved that resulting is asthma. It is basically inflammation of the sinuses and results in production of infected secretions in the sinuses. These infected secretions result in this throat irritation and nasal bleeding.

First of all my advise would be to visit your doctor or ER again to have your nasal secretions cultured to see the bacteria involved and get your antibiotics changed if your doctor feel like. Moreover i am suggesting some OTC drugs which you should start with.

Xylometazoline nasal spray, 2 puffs Thrice daily for seven days only. Use this if no high blood pressure issue.

Tab Loratadine 10mg once daily.

Steam inhalation with menthol twice daily.

Starting these will give you relief but best option is to go to ER to get reevaluation because such infections can get complicated and gets harder to manage later on.

I hope this helps you.

Feel free to ask anything.

Click ACCEPT if i have answered your question.

Regards

Dr Hasan