Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK

breast cancer..radiation..have an ultrasound and possibly a biopsy

Hi, I am 36 years old and I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year on my right breast. I then had a mastectomy, chemo, radiation and herceptin. I had my first mammogramm last week on my right breast and I have to return next week as a shadow showed up and I have to have an ultrasound and possibly a biopsy. I am really worried that the cancer has returned and I would love your opinion
Whenever we do follow up mammogram of abreast cancer patient we are very keen about shadows and any opacities.Not every shadow is a recurrent breast cancer.However,it is always important to rule out and investigate if any opacity is discovered in mammogram.It is hard to say either cancer has recurred .All the results in the end will show up with some final diagnosis.There is possibility that nothing is found end of the day.Be hopeful as every day is a beautiful day do not ruin it just by fears of your future.Live everyday like a last day and forget about worries.You know many people die everyday in accidents and so many people with cancers live a happy and long life.
Be positive about your results .Negativity makes worse situation worst.
Best regards