Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

if you have a throbbing in your head the pain is not a headace

Customer Question

if you have a throbbing in your head the pain is not a headace and a throbbing in the artitry in the left side of neck the pain in my head feels like every vain in my head is going to burst it happened having sex right when i went to climax i went to the the doctor all he did was check my blood pressure it was190/140 i have had a heart attack before im only 44 my first was 34
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 5 years ago.
Hello.

Does the pain comes after sex?
Have you taken any medications?
Nausea?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes just yesterday cant get rid of throbbing they put me on meds for hyper tension no i dont get nauses my heart rases it was 138 beat a min
Throbbing pain after orgasm is due to increased pressure of cerebral blood vessels. Such pain may last for few minutes to few hours, and the pain is usually throbbing or stabbing.
This can be treated with medications from your doctor. the medications used are-indomethacin, beta blockers like metoprolol.Also doctor can prescribe beta blockers which are to be taken daily.
Also indomethacin, an anti-inflammatory, or triptans, a class of anti-migraine medication, can be taken an hour or so before sex to ward off headache.
Please make an appointment with doctor for management.

Kind Regards
Dr Robert.
:)Please feel free for any follow up query.
Please click Green"ACCEPT" button on this page so that I get credit for my work. Your Positive feedback and BONUS is always welcome.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
could it be a blocked artirty when i had my heart attacks (4) my doctor said my artiry were the size of a baby
Sex headache are brought on by sexual activity — especially an orgasm.
Usually such headaches are not due to any serious issue like blocked artery.
Your symptoms can be safely managed with medications.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
one more? what about the throbbing in my neck vein its been going on for 3to 4 weeks without sex
Well, this can be due to nerve compression or a muscle pull. Anti- inflammatory pills and painkillers are usually helpful in such cases.