Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Hi, My wife is getting tested for hyperkalemia. She has been

My wife is getting tested for hyperkalemia. She has been vegan concentrating on juicing after a 3 day juice fast and she has been dizzy, tired and her usually low BP has been even lower. I gave her aElecto Interstitial Scan (via bio-impedance) and it showed up as a caution. It seems to fit her symptoms.
In the interim while we await blood test results, can you tell me how to balance her high blood potassium within the context of all her electrolytes? Are there electrolyte formations she could begin to take?
Btw, I am a DC and Nutritionist and will refer her outside once we get her some health insurance.
Andrew
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 5 years ago.

Dr B :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr B :

If she has hyperkalemia, this would not be something you would try to manage at home on your own, as it is VERY dangerous and can lead to cardiac arrest

Dr B :

That being said, the only way to really remove the excess potassium (without dialysis) is with kayexelate, which will remove it from her body, and needs a prescription for a doctor

Dr B :

There is no way you can diagnose this just by her symptoms, so it all depends on what her electrolytes look like after the results come back