CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

be sick with a cold or flu and last november i was taken to hospital

Customer Question

<p>I have been unwell now on and off for over a year or so. every month i seem to be sick with a cold or flu and last november i was taken to hospital with breathing problems and ended up with neumonia. </p><p>I am a smoker but because of these problems, i have recently stoped i would say i am quite healthy person i eat well i sleep well i have a 2yr old daughter and i work full time so i am on the go alot.</p><p> I just want to get to the bottom of why i keep gettin sick. i had a bad flu at the end of feb and im off again now because i feel the neumonia has come back im having breathing problems again and flu like symtoms. Over the last year i have been in and out of doctors and hospitals i live in spain so sometimes there is a language barrier although i do speak a little spanish i have also paid for private doctors, i get told its this and that and then a month later im sick again could there be some underlying problem with my immune system. could the neumonia keep reoccuring after its been treated? just really want to feel well again. thanks i also have had a number of blood tests and everything seems ok liver blood count ect </p>
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.I am sorry you ave had such a hard year with illness. The way the immune system works is you get exposed to a germ, you contract it, you fight it and build up an immunity and the next time it comes your way you don't get it because your body already has antibodies to fight it off.Sometimes when we move to a different country we are exposed to "germs" we have not been exposed to before and will get sick frequently until immunity builds up to the"new" germs in that geographical area.