Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

Woke up to find i had no feeling in my right foot.completly

Woke up to find i had no feeling in my right foot.completly dead,after 2 weeks went to doctors and got told. I needed a spinal scan. Feeling is slowly coming back and can now lift my foot up and down alot better... but todaywhen i was driving my vision became distorted and had to pull over 2 times and i couldn't focous for 2 hours and am finding it hard to think...please help???
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 5 years ago.

Did you have the spinal scan?

What did it show?

Dr abby
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes, it came back as normal

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 5 years ago.
Do you still want help with the question or are you seeing the neuro today?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No I am on the waiting lists 2 months to go...

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 5 years ago.
Oh, that is tough to wait that long!

I am sorry you have experienced these symptoms. It can be quite frightening when they happen.

It is difficult to say exactly what the cause of your symptoms are...the tests that I would order would be an MRI of the brain and an EMG/nerve conduction test of the lower extremities.

The visual disturbance, if related to the foot, suggests that the issue is more likely coming from the brain.

I hesitate to throw out possibilities as to the cause due to the fact that I am unable to examine you and it is impossible to say what it is without doing so. And supposition is purely that and makes people worry unnecessarily.

Hopefully you are getting the MRI before seeing the neurologist. That will help in ruling in or out certain possibilities.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you may have,

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!