Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

My MRI shows nonspecific, scattered foci of T2 prolongation

My MRI shows "nonspecific, scattered foci of T2 prolongation in the periventricular and subcortical white matter. Differential diagnosis includes early microvascular disease, or demyelinating process." In layman's terms is this the beginning of MS or what?

Your differential diagnosis suggest two conditions - one is 'microvascular disease' meaning that you could have small blood clots or blockages in the blood vessels in the brain. The second condition is that the 'demyelinating process'. This suggests MS.

So, your MRI could indicate MS - your neurologist will be able to determine from your physical checkup if you do have it.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask a followup question if necessary. If not, please click the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.