Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

Is there any treatment other than rest for Mono, my daughter

<p>Is there any treatment other than rest for Mono, my daughter is going on 5 months.</p><p>I should add, that she was tested positive in dec and again this week. The dr. left message that it is causing damage to her liver, but the office is closed till am. Worried Mom.</p>

Greetings,

When she was seen by doctor last? What are her symptoms? What treatment did she get till now? Was any test taken? Any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No past illness. Very healthy young lady, excellent diet, and lots of activities and excercise. Last week was last Dr apt. Tuesday 11 viles of blood drawn for numerous test. She is exhausted. No treatment other than multi vitamin, lots of fluids and sleep.

It is the liver damage that concerns me.(based on blood test)

How are the liver enzymes level?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

not sure, we have an appointment next week. The Dr left a message with my daughter this evening when I wasn't home; "you still have mono, and it is damaging your live".

Jeez...I can't call office till am and not sure what to ask anyway.

Thank you for the input.

Hepatitis can be a complication of mono infection. It is usually mild. It becomes normal when the infection goes away. Sometimes steroids are used in some complications. If they find any abnormality in the blood count, then steroids can be given. Now the treatment are the same as rest, vitamins and mineral supplements, adequate fluid. Keep in touch with doctor. Doctor will evaluate other test results and decide on it.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.