Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

pregnant..fallopian tube..it true that ovulation alternates

Will I be able to get pregnant now that I only have one fallopian tube? Is it true that ovulation alternates from one side to the other?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 5 years ago.

Nurse Milli :

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today. If you are not wanting to get pregnant, you will need to take precautions if you still have one tube...you can still get pregnant. You can release eggs from either ovary at any time.

Nurse Milli :

Are you there?

Customer: well I'm concerned because I've been on birth control missed some pills and had unprotected sex
Nurse Milli :

well, in that case, you will need to do a pregnancy test if you do not have a period this time, pregnancy could happen

Customer: I'm on my third month of bc and I got my period a week earlier this month, the previous two periods were exactly when I took the inactive pills and were just brown blood, this time it was heavy and red with some small clots
Nurse Milli :

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Customer: not yet
Nurse Milli :

okay, I would suggest doing one and if it says negative, see if you get your period this coming month

Nurse Milli :

if you do and it's not normal, you will need to have a serum HCG level drawn to make sure you are not pregnant...sometimes the home tests are not accurate

Customer: But could i be pregnant if I was bleeding like thats?
Nurse Milli :

yes, some women bleed while pregnant

Nurse Milli :

it's not 'normal' but some do

Customer: Well I guess I better do the test before I go for my mri tomm night
Nurse Milli :

yes

Customer: If I am pregnant the mri can cause some problems right?
Nurse Milli :

yes it can...the scan itself and the contrast they use to inject in the vien (if it's ordered with contrast)

Customer: if I'm still bleeding will pregnancy test be accurate?
Nurse Milli :

yes