Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I have tingling in both hands. I can feel warmth and cold and

I have tingling in both hands. I can feel warmth and cold and there is no pain. My grip is strong as ever as is my general strength. There is a muscle tightness in my left arm about midways between the wrist and elbow...not bad just there....also a muscle tightness in my right arm just above the elbow. The hands feel kind of like after you've pushed a lawn mower for an hour or so. I'm 69....very active....6'1"....210 pounds no medical issues. Fingers and everything moves regular doctor has checked nerves up and down my arms and hands....they all work ....any ideas ? thanx

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

There can be several reasons for tingling hands...vitamin deficiencies (E, B1, B6, B12, and niacin), even hormonal imbalances like hypothyroidism, connective tissue disorders, diabetes (peripheral neuropathy), or perhaps an entrapped nerve either in the cervical spine or shoulders. Seems like either a Neurologist or Orthopedist might be your best bet and see if they can nail down something concrete depending on their physical findings.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I take lotsa vitamins... the entrapped nerve sounds like a possibility...will talk to a neurologist...thanx for the info...

Good deal. I hope you find the cause...I know it is frustrating.