CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

Warts on top of my feet. What can I do?

I have small white bumps that appear on the tops of my feet and looks like it is spreading up to my shins... on my feet is about 50 on each foot and about the same on my shins... my hands have them as well (the back of my hands) and this started with a few 5years ago on my hand and has spread pretty rapidly in the past two years... they are not itchy, they are solid.. little white bumps.. I went to the doctor had two tested and teh results came back as just warts... my concern is 4 employees that I work with have had the same break out.. at that time the staff thought it was related to a virus with a client we all handled, who was less than clean to be nice about it... That was 5 years ago in New York and I moved to Florida so what happened to the other co-workers and their diagnosis I do not know. The doctor I went to told me there is nothing he can do, that they are not contagious and that they are regular warts.. Just because I personally saw these on some co-workers than had them pop up on me only a few weeks after being warned about the break out from the staff members, and that statisticaolly I find it almost impossible to be a coinsidence as my doctor is claiming.. Any feedback woiuld be great. I have been told they will go away but this is year 5 and they are getting worse. When i leave the pool they are very noticable on my body... 5 years ago it was 2 now it is in the hundreds... another docote gave me some cream used for genital warts which another doctor said absolutely throw away... so now I am just looking for clarity on the topic.. thank you -jamie

Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
Is there anything that seems to make them get worse?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

when i exit water (shower, bath, pool, beach) they seem to appear bigger on my skin... puffy and white but still no fluid inside, I have tried to pop them and have ripped them off and they just grow back in other places... They seem to be more noticeable in the summer months... because so many people had the same bumps appear at my previous job has me worried a bit about mis-diagnosis with just warts and not being contagious... Everybody with the bumps used to lay on a particular couch at this clients house... So those staff members swear it came from the couch since it is the only common factor between us... not sure if that is true or relevant...I tried to take a few photos of them but it is no easy task with a blackberry phone camera and my skin (i'm a redhead) surely does not help with frekels..

maybe the word white bumps is inaccurate... they are more of skin color just like warts...

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Does it look like this?

You may have something called Molluscum contagiosum, which is a viral infection that causes little flesh colored bumps such as you are experiencing. Here is a really good article about this so yuo can compare:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/molluscum/overview.htm

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i do not believe this is the same as what I have. Not sure if you got my last response... but here is a link to some photos i posted of what is on my hands... the same is on my feet.. http://scuba-diving-miami-florida.com/bumps.html
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.
You may have something in the family of human papilloma virus which can exist on hands and feet and can be passed by contact with an infected person or item ( such as that couch you told me about).There are about 130 known types of human papilloma viruses... this may be Flat warts, which are flat or slightly elevated flesh-colored papules that may be smooth or elevated and can range from a few to hundreds. . These warts occur most commonly on the hands, and shins but can be anywhere.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Great. I have a few questions. Is there anything i can do to get rid of them? do they ever go away? Any way to narrow it down to which virus? any feedback why the 2 biopsys would not pick that up at the clinic? I spent close to a thousand already just trying to diagnose them that's why the questions... thanks
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 6 years ago.

Successful treatment for butcher's warts is usually imiquimod 5% cream.