CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

I have small white bumps that appear on the tops of my feet

I have small white bumps that appear on the tops of my feet and looks like it is spreading up to my shins... on my feet is about 50 on each foot and about the same on my shins... my hands have them as well (the back of my hands) and this started with a few 5years ago on my hand and has spread pretty rapidly in the past two years... they are not itchy, they are solid.. little white bumps.. I went to the doctor had two tested and teh results came back as just warts... my concern is 4 employees that I work with have had the same break out.. at that time the staff thought it was related to a virus with a client we all handled, who was less than clean to be nice about it... That was 5 years ago in New York and I moved to Florida so what happened to the other co-workers and their diagnosis I do not know. The doctor I went to told me there is nothing he can do, that they are not contagious and that they are regular warts.. Just because I personally saw these on some co-workers than had them pop up on me only a few weeks after being warned about the break out from the staff members, and that statisticaolly I find it almost impossible to be a coinsidence as my doctor is claiming.. Any feedback woiuld be great. I have been told they will go away but this is year 5 and they are getting worse. When i leave the pool they are very noticable on my body... 5 years ago it was 2 now it is in the hundreds... another docote gave me some cream used for genital warts which another doctor said absolutely throw away... so now I am just looking for clarity on the topic.. thank you -jamie
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. can you please provide a photo? This can be accomplished by uploading to fileden or another file hosting website, and provide me with the link. Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
they are so small and against my freckels they do not show up in photos. They are hard to see in person on my skin but the bumps appear when I run my hand over them i feel them...
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything that seems to make them get worse?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when i exit water (shower, bath, pool, beach) they seem to appear bigger on my skin... puffy and white but still no fluid inside, I have tried to pop them and have ripped them off and they just grow back in other places... They seem to be more noticable in the summer months... because so many people had the same bumps appear at my previous job has me worried a bit about mis-diagnosis with just warts and not being contagious... Everybody with the bumps used to lay on a particular couch at this clients house... So those staff members swear it came from the couch since it is the only common factor between us... not sure if that is true or relevant...I tried to take a few photos of them but it is no easy task with a blackberry phone camera and my skin (i'm a redhead) surely does not help with frekels..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not to confuse you... maybe the word white bumps isaccurate... they are more of skin color just like warts...
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Does it look like this? graphic
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
You may have something called Molluscum contagiosum, which is a viral infection that causes little flesh colored bumps such as you are experiencing. Here is a really good article about this so yuo can compare:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i do not believe this is the same as what I have. Not sure if you got my last response... but here is a link to some photos i posted of what is on my hands... the same is on my feet..
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
You may have something in the family of human papilloma virus which can exist on hands and feet and can be passed by contact with an infected person or item ( such as that couch you told me about).There are about 130 known types of human papilloma viruses... this may be Flat warts, which are flat or slightly elevated flesh-colored papules that may be smooth or elevated and can range from a few to hundreds. . These warts occur most commonly on the hands, and shins but can be anywhere.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Great. I have a few questions. Is there anything i can do to get rid of them? do they ever go away? Any way to narrow it down to which virus? any feedback why the 2 biopsys would not pick that up at the clinic? I spent close to a thousand already just trying to diagnose them that's why the questions... thanks
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Successful treatment for butcher's warts is usually imiquimod 5% cream
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
After all this time helping you ...litterally over an hour of research... you find this to be an incomplete answer? How else can I help you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok... well to be fair.. your answer i found in 5 minutes through google earlier today on a forum thread.. First i am hearing of butchers warts from you.. and if i do not have what appears to be butchers warts on 15 pages of butchers warts image searches on google images... and I asked CLEARLY is there a cure? do they go away? why this wouldnt be picked up by the biopsy because of the money I have spent on diagnosing them.. sorry you are aggitated, but your hour of answers took three minutes to type and has left little clarity... not to mention i created a web page for you to look at photos which took all that time because i couldnt figure out how to use the site you suggested. So take your money sweetie and thanks for wasting my time as well..