Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

I recently got blood test results back. What is the NE%

I recently got blood test results back. What is the NE%? I had low WBC, RBC, NE%, HCT,ALP, Uric Acid, and Triglycerides. I am schedule for a Dr. appointment next week but wanted to have an idea why these levels could be low.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 5 years ago.
NE is the percentage of specific cells in blood called neutrophils.In case of any infection they rise in percentage because they are in the first line attacking the bacteria or virus.
If you have low RBC level and low HCT (hematocrit)then this means you might be having little bit iron deficiency anemia.However,having low
Triglycerides(fats in blood),Uric acid(waste product of protein),ALP(a liver enzyme) and low WBC (white blood cells) is a good sign .No worries.
Regards,
Naeem.