Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

PLEASE WHEN YOU HEAR YOUR HEART BEAT BANGING IN YOUR EAR DRUM

PLEASE WHEN YOU HEAR YOUR HEART BEAT BANGING IN YOUR EAR DRUM WHAT CAN CAUSE THIS AS IT IS THUMPING FROM TIME TO TIME
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.
Greetings,

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any other symptom? When have you finished the antibiotic? Was any test done? Are you on any other medication? Is there any significant past illness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

whow

1. it comes and goes but i have a very bad neck the c/2 vertibra requires chiropractic nearly weekly.

2.neck pain is the other symptom an nerve flutters in the shoulder and base of neck

3.finished antibotics two days ago for tooth infectionn as teet are bad.

4 took vultarin today all be only one and didnt like the feeling with that.

4 take paracetamol 500 and 15 codene as a rule insted af anti inflamartry.

4. paulse rate as speaking is 80.

5. temp is 36.5.

6. last blood pressure check a few months ago = 120/80

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the input,

There are a few probables. The heart may be pumping blood forcefully & the flow in the arteries near the ear can increase so you may hear the sound. The rise of blood pressure may also cause it, but it is normal with you. It can also occur if there is any local alteration of blood flow near the ear like formation of atherosclerotic plaque or dilatation of arteries etc. Increase in blood flow from anemia, thyroid problems can also cause it. You can take a review by doctor as it is a new symptom. If the doctor thinks, he can ask for carotid doppler study.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 25 years of clinical experience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
explain carotid study please
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.
The carotid doppler study is done by ultrasound to detect narrowing of the carotid artery. Narrowing of the artery can be due to deposit of cholesterol. It can increase the risk of stroke. In high blood pressure, heart sound in the ear, diabetes, advanced age in can be done to assess any evidence of fatty deposit in the carotid vessels.
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)