CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

It feels like the inside of my mouth is burned or raw. the

It feels like the inside of my mouth is burned or raw. the roof of the mouth and the gums and the cheeks. my toungue and lips feel fine. I do not have acid reflux or anything. nothing seems to help i have tried rinsing with warm salt water. I do think i might have a metallic taste in my mouth as well... i read something about being vitamin defecient?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.You may have something called Scalded mouth syndrome , also called burning tongue syndrome, burning lips syndrome, glossodynia and stomatodynia, which causes chronic burning pain in your mouth and may affect your tongue, gums, lips, inside of your cheeks, roof of your mouth, or widespread areas of your whole mouth. The pain may feel like you scalded your mouth. treatment varies according to the cause,of which can be many. Fungisides, Capsaicin and anti depressants are among treatments used for this disorder.
Ths symptoms as listed on Mayo CLinic's web site:

"Symptoms of burning mouth syndrome include:

A burning sensation that may affect your tongue, lips, gums, palate, throat or whole mouth
A tingling or numb sensation in your mouth or on the tip of your tongue
Mouth pain that worsens as the day progresses
A sensation of dry mouth
Increased thirst
Sore mouth
Loss of taste
Taste changes, such as a bitter or metallic taste"
I hope this information helps you, please let me know if I can help you further;-)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

how do i know what the cause would be?

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.
Some time the cause can not be determined. See your Dr for an exam and treatment.