Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
Your symptoms are likely due to sinusitis with your history. You may take Loratadine with your medications till you consult with your physician. Nasonex and anti-allergic medication; both can be used for the allergic sinusitis. Treatment of sinusitis is as following;
1) Nasal steroid (like Nasonex); decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.
2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.
3) Topical decongestant for short duration.
5) Steam vaporizer
6) Eucalyptus oil may help
7) Nasal saline irrigation
8) Vitamin C
9) Antibiotics; only if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in x-ray or CT scan.
For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;
1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.
2) Ginkgo Biloba
3) Zinc 30 mg.
You may also be looked for GERD, which has increasingly been implicated in causing or exacerbating chronic sinusitis. The exact relationships and mechanisms are presently a matter of speculation, though.
Consulting an ENT (ear, nose throat) specialist would be prudent.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.