Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

What could cause a pain in the right jugular vein and when

What could cause a pain in the right jugular vein and when it happens I had pins & needles on the right side of the brain as well as the right side of my face?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.
Pain in the right jugular vein area along with sensory symptoms in the face and head can be caused by neuropathy (pinched nerve, nerve inflammation etc), muscle strain and blood clots. These symptoms should be evaluated by your doctor soon and some tests need to be done. You may need an MRI scan of the head and neck area to rule out any nerve compression. An ultrasound of blood vessels can also be done. So please see your doctor soon for evaluation.