Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

lump feeling in my throat comes and goes. Its very uncomfortable

lump feeling in my throat comes and goes. Its very uncomfortable but doesn't seem to affect my breathing or talking and I don't have a cough or anything.
What could it be? do i need to see a doctor, its very uncomfortable.

How long the symptoms are there? Is there any other symptom? Do you have anxiety or stress? Are you on any medication? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am Bipolar and suffer from panic attacks but I am not on any medication. I suffer from stress and anxiety since age of about 15 but never had this throat sensation before, I have drank about 100cl of vodka past two days but no medication in several months.
Thank you for the input,

There can be different causes for feeling of a lump. It can be due to to a chronic irritation as from an infection or from reflux of acid. It can also be due to a growth. However, it can be anxiety related. With your history it can be related to it as you do not feel any other sympXXXXX XXXXXke pain. Still, I would advise to get an examination by doctor. Doctor can then ask for tests, if he thinks necessary.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.