Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
23849074

have any rash or swelling of the area..headache for the last couple

I was bitten by a small tick 2 weeks ago. I don't have any rash or swelling of the area. I have had a headache for the last couple of days. I live in South Carolina. Do I need to be tested for Lyme disease?
Hello, I am happy to help you today! Use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Have you been running fever? Any body aches other than the headache?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no fever and no aches besides soreness from tennis and working out.
There are only rare reports of lyme disease reported in South Carolina so that is somewhat reassuring.

Most run fevers with tic born illnesses low grade to high grade and have body aches as well.

The tic has to be on you for 24 hours so if you noticed it less time than that, that is another reassuring piece of the puzzle.

If in the next 2 weeks you notice fevers, body aches with or without rashes then you do need to see your provider and let them know of the tic bite. They may decide to run a Lyme test then.