Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

can prednisone 20mg cause headaches and what can I take for

can prednisone 20mg cause headaches and what can I take for this that will not affect the Prednisone, also I am suppose to take 20mg 2 times a day but because I am afraid of this drug I only took it once will it still hlp me
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.

When did you start prednisone? When did the headache start? Why are you taking prednisone? In which dose did the doctor prescribe it? Why are you afraid of prednisone?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yesterday, I woke up with this, for imflamation in my lungs or pain, he prescribed 20mg 2 times a day, and afraid of the side affects ( blood pressure, mostly and rapidd heart beat )
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for the input.

Prednisone can cause headache. But side effects may not appear in every one. If you feel the headache started after beginning prednisone, then it may be related to it. You need to talk with your doctor, he can then taper it down, if he thinks it is the cause. You can take tylenol for the headache. It will not have interaction with prednisone.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.