Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.

I have a five month old who was vomiting on Sat and Sun, had

I have a five month old who was vomiting on Sat and Sun, had diarehia on Mon and Tues, seemed constipated on Wed, had a large bowel movement this morning and then threw up again this afternoon. She coughs occassionaly. She has been a little fussier than usual and her appetite seems to come and go. No fever. She is sleeping ok. Nothing really new in the way of foods, etc. My nephew was being treated for RSV and Whooping cough but had completed his anti biotics when she had contact with him. My husband has bronchitis currently.
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am happy to help you today! Use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Sometimes babies can have GI or tummy distress with respiratory illnesses. Since she has had exposure to bronchitis/pertussis and RSV I would encourage you to have her examined. They don't always cough alot like older children and adults do.

It is less likely for the pertussis or whooping cough since your nephew was done with antibiotic treatment but RSV could still be a factor.

The other possibility is just a stomach virus which is prevalent this time of year. However, I would want to be sure nothing else was happening.