Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I feel like such an idiot, but I have a very tender spot on

I feel like such an idiot, but I have a very tender spot on the left side of my head. It is so tender I can hardly brush my hair and hurts when I raise my left eyebrow or make any facial expression at all. I have not bumped my head, worn my head in a pony tail or anything else that could cause this tenderness, but it hurt likes the devil. Any answers for me?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Shah :

Hello, Welcome to Just answer! I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Dr. Shah :

How severe is your pain in 1 to 10 scale?

Customer:

What sort of information do you need? 7

Dr. Shah :

How long are you having this pain? Any other associated symptoms such as headache, vision problems, rashes, fever?

Customer:

Have pain since Saturday night and pain sometimes radiates down my forhead and behind my eye

Dr. Shah :

Do you feel pain just by touching on that area?

Customer:

Absolutely. That's when it's the worst.

Dr. Shah :

Thank you for the information. Based on your description, it sounds like a case of shingles. Although an episode of shingles may subside on its own, but getting antiviral medication may ease your pain, cut down the duration of illness and minimize the risk complication.

Dr. Shah :

Treatment can be taken within 72 hours

Customer:

Thank you so much. I will schedule an appt. with my pcp as soon as possible.

Dr. Shah :

There are some other possibilities as well such as temporal arteritis which can cause pain in that location, but I don't think you have any other supporting features at this time. If you see your doctor, they will be able to differentiate these two.

Customer:

Thank you.

Dr. Shah :

You are welcome!
Now you can press "ACCEPT" button to end this conversation. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.

Dr. Shah :

I think it did not go through, can you press one more time. Thank you for your cooperation.