A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist

I am a 28 years old single female. Since 3 weeks I started

I am a 28 years old single female. Since 3 weeks I started to suffer from blood in stool with painful defecation
The pain never stops.. before it stopped but it keeps coming and going.
The stool is not really hard but pain and light red color blood is showing on the stool surface.. No blood is coming after just pain

I want to know if this condition is serious and how can I cure it

please answer me as soon as possible
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. There is no way to know what the problem is or how to cure it without an examination and probably a colonoscopy. Possibilities are hemorrhoids, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, IBS, internal or external hemorrhoids, fissure, etc. Your regular doctor or a gastroenterologist would be the ones to see to determine what is causing your discomfort.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your prompt answer

I posted my question here after I have researched for my symptoms online and reached similar results. I was hoping that you can give me more specific diagnose

There is no way to give any more information without an examination and colonoscopy. As you know, it is impossible (not to mention unethical and illegal) to diagnose anything online since we cannot examine you or review results of the colonoscopy. You will have to see a practitioner in person for any kind of diagnosis. All we can do is give you the possibilities.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I agree with you that you cannot diagnose me online.. but at least can you tell me the most close diagnose and I will see a gastroenterologist

given that I don't have any bleeding just little blood shown on the surface of stool.

also the color of blood is light red.

the change in pain which stopped for some time, but now continuous.

I'm afraid you don't understand how medicine works. One disease is no more likely than the other. It requires a colonoscopy. You can't have blood on the stool without bleeding. That bleeding can come from polyps, internal hemorrhoids, inflammatory bowel disease, etc. A colonoscopy will tell what the problem is.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Currently I have my period, so I would like to wait until it's over then see a gastroenterologist.

in the mean time can you please tell me what can I do to avoid making my problem worse or how can I reduce the pain ( I won't take any kind of medication until I have the colonoscopy) so please advice me.

Thank you

Keeping stool soft to avoid any irritation of the colon would be the best thing to do. Lots of fiber and fluids so you never have to strain to have a bowel movement. Be sure to increase the fiber gradually to avoid gas which can contribute to discomfort. Exercise will also help. Sometimes avoiding foods that cause gas (onions, garlic, cabbage, broccoli. cauliflower, beans, yeast breads) can help. Beano is an over-the-counter dietary aid that helps with gas. You take one or two of the pills before eating anything that is known to produce gas.

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you so much you were very helpful.

You're so very welcome. I hope you feel better soon.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks once again.