Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

Diagnosis Adominal aortic aneurysm w/o rupture,renal cysts,

Diagnosis: Adominal aortic aneurysm w/o rupture,renal cysts, colonic diverticula
There is no evidence for any obstructing calculi or significant hydronephrosis in either renal collecting sys. However there are multiple hypodense lesions in both kidneys measuring up to 3.5cmin diameter.Thes likely represent renal cortical cysts.However there is a 1.8cm diam. lesion of solf tissue density locted medial to the inferior pole of the kidney. although this may resprent a complex exophytic cyst arising from the inferior pole, a neoplasm including a possible malignancy must be considered. there is no evidence for any lymphadenopathy or metastatic disease inthe remainer of the abdomen or pelvis.Fusiform aneurysmdilatation of the abdominal aorta is noted meas. 3.5cm in max.transverse and anterior to posterior diminson. A few diverticuli in large bowel, particularly the sigmoid colon w/o evidence of diverticulitis.

I am a young 73 year old female that feels great other wise. I do hae a history of SLE Lupus which has been in remission for at least 20 years. But this has me afraid

Please help me. What options do I have ? Thank you for what ever help offered.

Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info.

Good day madame! I've reviewed your case and here are my recommendations

Renal cysts: You should get a renal biopsy performed under sedation to rule out cancer, although most renal cysts are not cancerous.

Abdominal aortic aneurysm: You will need repeat abdominal ultrasounds to make sure the aneurysm is not getting any larger. If you have high blood pressure it needs to be well controlled.

Diverticulosis: Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and fiber and fluids; increase these in your diet to help stop the formation of further diverticula. Be wary of abdominal pain and fever in your left lower abdomen - this is diverticulitis!

I hope this helped,

Dr. E

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What professionals should I see for these issues?????

Your general practitioner can handle all of these issues, but will probably refer you out to a surgeon or pathologist for the biopsy.

Dr. E